[wp-hackers] The life and times of an HTTP request

Adam Hunter ah125i at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:19:57 GMT 2008

You .httaccess file should exclude files that already exist.  It
should look something like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

The rewrite conditions tell the server to serve your stylesheets,
javascript, etc without being routed to index.php

Adam