[wp-hackers] The "SVN UP" troubles...

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 03:59:29 GMT 2008

Mr. Awesome wrote:
> I went into Cpanel, used File Manager and removed everything but
> wp-content/   wp-config.php, .htaccess and whatever other important
> NON-wp files... then went into wp-content/ and removed those .svn
> folders that were in there individually and used Putty to connect to
> domain(s) and did a NEW svn co of trunk... it was all good.

Well, actually.. if ya wanna get technical about it.. I renamed the
plugins/ and themes/ folders to something else, bumped them up to blog
root/ (after having deleted the other stuff) using the FTP client. Then
deleted the original wp-content/ folder (which contained the .svn
folders from Dreamhost) .. because SVN Checking out fails for
wp-content/ because if it already exists, the folder won't be able to be
added so it won't work.
But after the NEW SVN CO was done.. I manually moved the "renamed"
plugins/ themes/ folders into the new wp-content/ folder.. into their
respected original homes.. then bumped up ONLY the custom plugins or
themes I was using.. then life was peachy.. =D