[wp-hackers] wp_mail() Question

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Apr 28 02:04:39 GMT 2008

http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

===
Note: The Windows implementation of mail() differs in many ways from the
Unix implementation. First, it doesn't use a local binary for composing
messages but only operates on direct sockets which means a MTA is needed
listening on a network socket (which can either on the localhost or a
remote machine).
Second, the custom headers like From:, Cc:, Bcc: and Date: are not
interpreted by the MTA in the first place, but are parsed by PHP.
As such, the to parameter should not be an address in the form of
"Something <someone at example.com>". The mail command may not parse this
properly while talking with the MTA.
===

So if you're using "Something <someone at example.com>" you may want to try
just someone at example.com & see if that works (I know it specifically says
the To statement there, but its worth a shot)