[wp-hackers] is_front_page should have it's own template file

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Tue Apr 22 22:41:46 GMT 2008

Yep it really would be helpful - but only when you make two of them, one for
actual index-front-pages and one for actual static-front-pages.
Combining both in one file would not leed down the right road since the
displayed content is much different... one uses the loop to show more then
one content item and the other one will show only one content item.

So why not checking this and then going to static_front.php and
index_front.php? Would be much better than adding a front.php which would
have to be divided into if(is_page()){ ... } and else {...} I think.

I really didn't want to be offensive,
Aaron, I just do belive there will many templates which feature only
one of both but use front.php for it and where many stuff will go
wrong
whenever you change your frontpage to whatever of both is not supportet -
while having both would provide the right fallbacks for the unsupported way
since noone will create a file he has no content for (or I won't want to use
his theme anyway)