[wp-hackers] SolarisPress?

Brian Layman silverpaladin0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:41:30 GMT 2008

On 4/22/08, Mahmoud H. Al-Qudsi <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:

> > I know this won't be a popular opinion, but maybe it's time to consider
> > porting/extending WordPress so that it supports additional databases
> > such as postgres? MySQL in the stack is a bit of an unknown. Recent
> > changes may be only the beginning and it will get more tightly bound to
> > Solaris or OSolaris (CDDL).
>
> I saw nothing at the MySQL conference last week that indicated ANYONE was
worried by the aquisition at all.  That includes many discussions with
employees of MySQL.  Even with Open Solaris finally released, I don't think
there are any issues that will occur with Sun appropriating
the technology for themselves.  It wasn't even a thing where they were
putting up a brave front to settle everyone's worries.  Really it was
almost a non-issue. Yeah, sure they talked about it but not in a
"don't be worried" kind of way.
-
Brian Layman