[wp-hackers] De-emphasize use of ID values in functions?

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Mon Apr 21 16:57:27 GMT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:
> Yeah, slugs are already allowed in many, many places ( is_page('about'),
>  etc.) which is a great thing. However, ID should still be primary. That's
>  the whole point of the ID after all.

+1 for the same reasons (translations etc). I think there are also
ways to show the id that aren't as cumbersome as giving them a whole
table column but make them available for the rare cases when they are
needed.

Of course, for anyone who actually gets lost because they aren't
displayed, remember that they are still in all url's in the admin
sections, so you can just hover your mouse over links or look at the
address bar (on the edit page) to see what the ID of the relevant
object is. Not ideal but workable at least.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://simianuprising.com
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org