[wp-hackers] Simple comment spam experiment

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed Apr 16 17:10:43 GMT 2008

I've used this "honeypot" technique in some forms, and it's pretty
effective.  Giving it a name that most bots will recognize (such as
"email") will increase it's success rate.  Also, in case CSS doesn't
hide it, I give it a label like "If you are a real person, please leave
this blank"

Lastly, you have to verify that the field was submitted, but blank.
This helps to assure that your form was used, and filled in properly.