[wp-hackers] Simple comment spam experiment

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Wed Apr 16 16:15:10 GMT 2008

@code prole
you may try "spam karma 2" which uses a multilayered approach but it has
problems when your site gets havy load. (As I was told by Robert Basic from
basicthinking.de who lives from being a blogger afaik).

The thing is: No spams slip through it at my blog today. None. Basicly none
since about half a year or so. It even checks how long since page load and
stops them who where too fast. But then there are times where plenty get
into moderation and get closer and closer near the point they would have
been published instantly and you start optimising the configuration. I am at
a point today where I get only about 1-2 spams per day into moderation queue
but I don't think this will last a long time, in a month or two it will be
10 or 20 if i belive the trend.
And there is not much room left to get the spam prevention more tight via
sk2.

I am nearly sure Matt is right saying only custom and umknown techniques
will help in the long term - at least until some genious has any idea which
will be uncrackable by spiders and not annoying visitors.