[wp-hackers] Can someone verify this

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Wed Apr 16 08:21:35 GMT 2008

gbellucci wrote:
> WordPress 2.5
>
> Go to Manage / Pages
> Assign a page a parent and save the change
> Go to Manage / Categories
> You now have a new category named '1'
>
> I've tried this on two of my online web sites along with my local
> server test site and they all seem to do the same thing. Word Press
> (somewhere along the way) calls wp_insert_term. I'm fairly sure it has
> something to do with attempting to add categories to a page in the
> post update call.

I got something similar on wordpress.com; I thought "ok, tags are all I
want in this case, I don't need no stinkin' categories", so I converted
them all to tags. After that, existing posts appeared to be posted in
"unclassified", and new posts appeared to be in the "1" category,
although I made sure to uncheck it when I wrote something... I
eventually surrendered and gave "1" a more meaningful name.