[wp-hackers] Problems with dateCreated in metaWeblog.newPost/editPost

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Sun Apr 13 05:41:13 GMT 2008

Ticket 6612 ( http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6612 ) points to a
blog post ( http://www.franzone.com/2007/07/30/wordpress-xml-rpc-
patch-for-metweblog-newpost-method/ ) that details a problem with the
dateCreated field in metaWeblog.newPost/editPost.

I was rather surprised to confirm this bug as detailed in the post.
I figured if we'd had this problem for so long, one of the blog
client authors would have complained about it before now :-)

I've attached a simple patch to the ticket that addresses this
issue.  But date/time fields are particularly fragile in the current
blog APIs, so I'd really like to get some feed back from folks in the
field who have to deal with this before pressing forward.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at randomnetworks.com
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/