[wp-hackers] Shortcodes and formatting

Duane Storey duanestorey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:36:18 GMT 2008

I see both sides of the debate, but I think having to rely on another
plugin to clean up after other plugins is kind of weak.   Considering
wordpress already parses the short codes and replaces them with output
from the plugin, I think it's rather trivial to make Wordpress strip
out shortcodes that aren't used.  Make it an option in the admin panel
somewhere maybe.

I have definitely turned off many plugins, including one that added
markup (and I had that on enabled for at least 500 posts).  Thankfully
the markup was in HTML comment tags so I didn't have to worry about
it, but it would have been unrealistic for me to edit all those posts
manually.