[wp-hackers] Visual editing not functional in 2.5???

Per Søderlind per at soderlind.no
Mon Apr 7 17:17:08 GMT 2008

Andrew Ozz wrote:
> Stephane Daury wrote:
> > Hey list,
> >
> > Am I the only one not being able to use visual editing in 2.5 (latest
> > trunk)?
> > I have "use visual editing" selected for my user, the "Visual" tab is
> > selected in the write/edit screen, but the editor I get is the code
> view.
> >
> > EG: http://i27.tinypic.com/m9njeq.png
> > Is it just being worked on, or am I having an unexpected issue?
> > PS: I have disabled all plugins, so I'm running vanilla WP 2.5-bleeding.
> >
> Do you see any js errors in the error console? Could be as simple as
> cleaning your browser's cache. If not, can you try Firefox 2 with
> Firebug and look for js errors or files that couldn't be loaded (in the
> Net tab, red 404s).
>
> Also point your browser to:
> siteurl/wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php
>
> It should be a large js file starting with "var tinyMCEPreInit" and
> ending with "tinyMCE.init({mode:...".

I had the same problem as Stephane, trying to open
siteurl/wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php gave me the answer to the
problem (thank you Andrew :), the file was garbled (i.e. compressed). Using
phpinfo(), I found that my hosting provider per default is setting
output_handler = ob_gzhandler (in php.ini). Setting output_handler to
nothing (output_handler = ) and flushing browser cache fixed the problem.

Regards,
Per