[wp-hackers] Make WP permalinks ignore a directory?

Xel xel at netgra.de
Fri Apr 4 21:11:22 GMT 2008

You should have 2 chances

Depending on server config it might help putting a htaccess file
into the folder forum which will handle the redirects in this folder.

You sould be able to modify the .htaccess
insert the following line before the 2 other rewrite conds:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/forum

but be carefull with this - I do not know, how to tell wordpress not to
overwrite this, whenever you change your options.
I do this by making a chmod a-w on .htaccess after
editing so wp isn't able to write it anymore.

Alex