[wp-hackers] Re: WordPress Object Cache and WP Super Cache

Chris Poteet cpoteet at siolon.com
Fri Apr 4 19:23:25 GMT 2008

> None. WordPress Object Cache is wholly-independent from full-page HTML caching with WP-Cache and WP Super-Cache plugins.

So the question remains whether a file-based caching system is even
necessary?  I ask this, because at work we instituted SQL dependent
caching in our ASP.NET app, and that methodology makes the most
sense.  It also apparently performs the best in terms of caching
options, while file-based is dead last.

It would be great if the business logic of WordPress went to a cache
allocation and asks: "has this record/table been updated?"  If not,
then retrieve it from cache and don't make a db query, if so then
expire cache and get new data.