[wp-hackers] Full size should mean full size

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:27:01 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:36:12 -0500, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

>I understand the reason for it, and adding a
>$_GLOBALS['custom_width']=1234 to your theme's functions.php file is
>not a major obstacle for most users... Inserting a picture and having
>your whole theme muck up is a far more commonplace problem.

I think that giving to theme auther a method to let WP know what's the
maximun size for pict in content area is a good idea, would be better
if this will be called max size so we will have 4 dimension:

thumbnails for gallery etc
medium size for images larger maybe with flowing text around
max size for images that are wide as the content
fullsize, for origina image dimension that will show up as image in a
single page or lightbox and clones etc

Max size if present sould be showed as info for the corrent theme in
the same page where you set up thumbnails and medium dimensions.

Thisul would be IMHO the right way to name things and the logil use
for them

Just my 2 cents

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it