[wp-hackers] Let's make Buttonsnap fully obsolete

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Apr 3 10:38:34 GMT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Xel <xel at netgra.de> wrote:

> Something alike was added with 2.5 already.
>
> Why not just use the so called "media buttons"?

Because those are for media. What about contact form plugins for example
that create a button to insert their placeholder into a post. It wouldn't be
bad though for my Video Quicktags plugin though. May have to try that.

In general though, that's a really poor solution as not all plugins would
want their buttons up there.

> (don't know which editor your're using, viper, could I
> like that one more than code view? Do the media buttons work?).

I don't use anything custom, just the classic editor. (Profile -> untick
rich editor)

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/