[wp-hackers] new botnet/comment spam thingy?

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Wed Apr 2 22:35:18 GMT 2008

Viper007Bond wrote:
> Seeing as how Akismet handles many tens of million spams a day (21 million
> so far today), I doubt one could swamp the Akismet servers that easily and
> especially with such a small amount of hits.

how about millions of blogs using akismet and suddenly getting ~20 times
more traffic? I didn't plot anything yet, but I think the numbers rose
geometrically (about doubled each day).

I was more curious if this is a new thing, or just a plain old botnet
being repurposed from mail spamming to link spamming