[wp-hackers] Re: Proposal: Add a Privacy Option: Anonymise Updates

Travis Snoozy ai2097 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 27 15:51:55 GMT 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:32:50 -0400, Christian Höltje
<docwhat+list.wp.hackers at gerf.org> wrote:

<snip>
> I don't think it's worth blocking PHP version, since the PHP version
> is sent with every HTTP response on the blog.

+1 for a clean response.

I'll be sure to include that information in the options ("Most
configurations send this information with each page anyway. Unless
you're running in a special environment that doesn't do this...").
It'll be set to send by default.

> BTW: A bunch of this is done already in bugs 5065 and 5085.

Filtering user-agent strings will be nice, but the fact is that 2.3 is
out like this, and so the way it is now has to be supported for
some indeterminate time to come. :/

--
Travis