[wp-hackers] Proposal: Add a Privacy Option: Anonymise Updates

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Sep 27 00:12:53 GMT 2007

As I stated on the ticket, I don't think either of the update checks should
be able to be disabled via the admin interface. It's too big of a security
risk. For those who really need to disable it, a plugin should have to do
the job. Stops the noobs from disabling it.

However, I full heartedly agree that it wouldn't hurt to cater to the tin
foil hatters out there by having a "Don't send blog statistics when checking
for updates" box.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/