[wp-hackers] Summary of the update security & privacy discussion

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Tue Sep 25 21:50:16 GMT 2007

G'day,

There are currently 112 messages on the Plugin update & security /
privacy thread. Would anyone care to give a _neutral_ and _unbiased_
summary of the discussion?

By the time I saw the thread it was already huge. I'm sure there are
others who won't trawl through the 100+ messages but would be interested
to know the status of the discussion.

If the summary could be say 3 areas, 5 bullet points for each area, just
to avoid endless ranting? Also, could I ask anyone who's taken a strong
stance on the topic _not_ to post a summary. It would be good to get a
fairly neutral viewpoint.

Cheers - Callum.