[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Sep 25 18:37:49 GMT 2007

Ryan Finnie wrote:
> Irregardless of WordPress calling home with URL and plugin info (my 2
> cents: not too bad, but it should be a core option), people seem to be
> glossing over this.  What is Akismet sending during each spam check?

Akismet does send *and use* the $_SERVER variables in a spam check,
however it excludes with this line:

$ignore = array( 'HTTP_COOKIE' );

If you file a patch to that array with the other variables you think
shouldn't be in there I'll get it in. BTW, Akismet's privacy policy is here:

http://automattic.com/privacy/

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com