[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin update & security / privacy

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Mon Sep 24 07:50:23 GMT 2007

Let me refine what I said:

I think version check shouldn't be able to be turned off without a plugin.
It's just too important that a user keeps up to date. But for those fringe
cases, plugins handle it nicely.

As for the statistics, I think it should be opt-out not opt-in. I think the
_vast_ majority of users, including me, realize there's no harm in sending
along WP details and/or more likely, just don't care (all the noob users out
there). For those who do care for some reason, valid or not, a simple check
box would do the trick and avoid any negative... press (right word?) on the
matter.

We definitely don't want to make this seem secretive IMHO.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/