[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-testers] New tag entry plugin
yahgrp at poplarware.com
Sat Sep 22 18:09:44 GMT 2007
> BTW, I found a bug that a Japanese word (probably Korean and Chinese
> too) in the native tag field displayed encoded like "%e3%81%82".
Thanks for testing! (That goes for everyone else too -- it is MUCH
appreciated to have a relatively friendly and savvy crowd testing a
plugin before the general public takes its turn.) I'm glad I have
Asian Language support on my box so I could reproduce your problem. :)
Anyway, I think this is fixed now so that Japanese will display
correctly in the Advanced Tag Entry section. However, ATE puts slugs
(rather than tag names, to make sure matching happens correctly when
the post is saved) in the upper Tag entry field, and WP URL-encodes
Japanese characters into %e3 (etc), so you will see strange things in
the standard Tag entry field (the one just under the post content) if
you use ATE and don't define a custom slug when you create a tag.
I've updated the plugin web page to clarify all that, and the new ATE
1.02 is up there too.
Poplar ProductivityWare * www.poplarware.com
Web Databases/Scripts * Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software
More information about the wp-hackers