[wp-hackers] Disabling the core update system

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Sep 17 15:35:27 GMT 2007

Suggestion:

Add a manual "Update" button in the admin screen that only shows up
for Admin user -- invisible to any other users.

In fact, that button should be pretty prominent -- maybe at the top
corner of each page if you're the admin (you can probably crib off
the "Hello Dolly" plugin for how to do that. :).

Overall...
Good idea -- it will be helpful for admins of both tech-phobic and
don't-bother-me-with-this-stuff users :)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>