[wp-hackers] List Archive Search

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Sep 17 06:53:20 GMT 2007

Actually, there is an even easier way than that!

http://groups.google.com/group/wp-hackers

"Search this Group" up at the top. The archives don't go back as far as the
pipermail ones, but that's only because WP-Hackers wasn't on Google Groups
from the very begnning. But the whole PHP5 discussion has been on there
forever:
http://groups.google.com/group/wp-hackers/search?group=wp-hackers&q=PHP5+PHP4

You can search by relevance or date.

On 9/17/07, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I too have wished for a better mail archive, but using Google to
> search is a lot better than month -> control + F (which I've done before).
> >_<
>
> I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to get it into WordPress. Shame I'm
> flooded with other projects at the moment though...
>
> On 9/16/07, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> >
> > Viper007Bond wrote:
> > > There's also this cool feature Google has called "searching". ;)
> > >
> > > php5 site:http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/
> >
> > To be fair, that's a terrible way to have to search our archives. I wish
> > there was something we could run on wordpress.org that provided a useful
> > archive and real search for our various mailing lists.
> >
> > CSS-D has a pretty cool one:
> >
> > http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/
> >
> > I wonder if it could be implemented inside WordPress? Posts and
> sub-posts.
> >
> > --
> > Matt Mullenweg
> >   http://photomatt.net | http://wordpress.org