[wp-hackers] eAccelerator and XCache Plugins for WordPress

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Sep 16 15:23:26 GMT 2007

I finally got the XCache plugin for WordPress to work, the same limitations
for XCache affected eAccelerator so I went ahead and did that one too.

XCache and eAccelerator for WordPress:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/xcache-and-eaccelerator-plugins-for-wordpress/

Note that these are BETA (I really mean it, these interface directly with
server-side executable extensions that can be quite painful!!)

They should be compatible with WordPress 2.0+ and all recent versions of
both XCache and eAccelerator and PHP 4/5.

I'd appreciated any testing, and if anyone can suggest a better way of
*cleanly* serializing and unserializing items when you have no idea what
they are... I'm all for it :-)

Anyway, that said, I've been running it on my main server (which has a
decent, constant load) for several hours now, and it seems to be all good.

--
Computer Guru
Director,