[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin Challenge: Post from an iPhone

Daniel Cameron dancameron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 05:10:31 GMT 2007

Viper or anyone else interested in developing:
If you want to go in the direction I'm heading, I'll be more then
happy to open up some SVN accounts and we can start hacking away.
http://svn.scatter3d.com/iphone-theme/
http://iphone-theme.scatter3d.com:3000/browser

Right now I'm using iUI,
http://code.google.com/p/iui/
and I have a test site here,
http://www.scatter3d.com/iphone-wp/

How it works:
I have a plugin that will switch the sites's theme to an special
iPhone theme in your wp-content/themes directory, only if the reader
is coming in from an iPhone of course. If you go there now without an
iPhone you'll see kubrick.
There's definitely a lot to do; iUI isn't working out so well as a
base so I need to heavily modify it to get it to work here.

To answer your questions about development:
iPhoney (http://www.marketcircle.com/iphoney/) let's you see what the
site will look like in your development. however, it doesn't spoof the
user agent :(.

Dan Cameron
http://dancameron.org | http://scatter3d.com