[wp-hackers] Re: WordPress + Squid?

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:54:55 GMT 2007

Viper007Bond wrote:
> We decided it wasn't worth the trouble and just enabled memcaching + sql
> caching. We also put a redirect to Coral in the .htaccess (commented out)
> just incase on those hard hitting days. We'll see how it goes soon (our
> traffic is uneven -- we essentially get slashdotted once a week and only in
> certain months).

I tried it[1] too, but ended up giving it up, opting to spend a few
hours getting eAccelerator to compile, rather than spend any more weeks
hacking on Squid. I checked the headers, but no matter what I did,
anything served from PHP would MISS the cache.

The lack of an intuitive Squid configuration format didn't help, either.

[1] http://jeremy.sunriseroad.net/2007/08/squid-always-missing/