[wp-hackers] Structured Blogging?

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 14:15:05 GMT 2007

On 08/09/2007, Stephane Daury <wordpress at tekartist.org> wrote:

> On Sep 08, 2007, at 7:08, Alex Andrews wrote:

> >> There's a reason why machine-readable and human-readable content have
> >> been kept separate all these years.... I still haven't found a
> >> convincing reason to not just use <link> tags instead..
>

> I agree, but you can't have link tags in the body, and it's nice to
> have things like the post authors data wrapped into an hcard for export.
>

> > The Sandbox and derivatives have good microformats support. Though I
> > am coding haudio into my record company management plugin, I very much
> > doubt if even 10% of users will use it. Until the standard browser
> > public become aware, and microformats are default in major browsers, I
> > see limited takeup. I see the point from a technical and future proof
> > side, but not so much for a user experience side.
>
> The fastest adoption rate I see are sites like the hcard support in
> Twitter, Flickr, Technorati, etc
> FF3 (Gran Paradiso) is just in alpha, but the release schedules calls
> for a code freeze in October 2007 and a first release early November,
> which isn't that far off.
>
> (Aside: what's your record company management plugin? A studio-owning
> friend of mine might be interested)

Its called Ribcage and allows you to content manage the elements
common to any record company eg artists, releases, tracks, and allow
for the streaming of music (m3u, xsfp), downloading of it and
purchasing of it as physical releases over paypal. Multiple file types
for download eg FLAC etc. It is specifically designed for a Creative
Commons based company I am working on called Records On Ribs, but
hopefully eventually it will be able to be used by anyone - single
artists, paid for downloads.

If you want to throw in with the project (this goes for anyone) I
would love it, as my skills aren't incredibly hot and I am stuggling
with doing a good admin interface - I'll set up a Trac etc. Struggling
in particular with allowing uploads easily and zipping files on the
fly. GPLed of course.

> > As for Custom Write panel, it has nothing to do with the theme, but
> > simply represents the write form in another style, mainly for using
> > custom fields.
>
> Ah, but don't these custom fields have to be used at rendering time
> to have any kind of meaningful use?

I think so yes.