[wp-hackers] Ajaxian Page Ordering for Wordpress

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Wed Sep 5 15:48:31 GMT 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 10:16 PM, Bernardo Santos wrote:

> I developed a "drag and drop" jQuery plugin with support for
> pagination whose main goal was to be used for easily ordering the
> pages in the WP

I have found that when text is replaced on a page with little visual
indication, it's sometimes hard to notice.  When using the next/
previous function, I would suggest some visual cue of the "page
change", such as the list sliding to the side to be replaced with the
new list.  (The first time I tried it as it is, I sat there for a
second waiting for it to change, then realized it already had....)

A good example of what I'm talking about:  In my office building they
have TV screens in the elevators that run news blurbs and such.
Sometimes it goes from one newsclip to another without any change of
background, and if I'm part way through reading one when this happens
I can keep on reading from where where I was.  I get some of the
_weirdest_ stories this way! :)

This is a very cool plugin.  :)

Stephen