[wp-hackers] Single sign-on with Wordpress & Mediawiki

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Oct 31 18:01:58 GMT 2007

Taking the scenario I described as an example:
* User visits WordPress site, clicks Login, redirects to OpenID server
to login
* At OpenID server, you have four options:
    1) Login with username & password
    2) Login with existing OpenID identity (from another OpenID server)
    3) Register through traditional method (username, password, email, etc)
    4) Register through OpenID & SREG

Does that make more sense? I'm not sure if OpenID servers allow you to
authenticate with a different OpenID identity or not, but I suppose
anything is possible right! :)

There is an open-source PHP standalone OpenID server for anyone interested:
http://openidenabled.com/php-standalone-openid-server

Cheers - Callum.