[wp-hackers] Single sign-on with Wordpress & Mediawiki

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Oct 30 00:58:50 GMT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:18:28 +1100, Sneaks <0vcqn5q02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> how about an open-source, WP-suite of auth sharing plugins for commonly
> bundled software?
>
> 1. mediawiki
> 2. bbPress
> 3. ??
>
> i'll host SVN and a website if anyone wants to do this.

I was just thinking of something similar, Something which acts like Googles signin page might be good, All sign in attempts get redirected from 3rd party software to WP's login page, If the user is allready logged in, it redirects back to the application with a key, the plugin in that software package reads the key, checks if its correct, and then logs the user into that application too, Actually, Thats sounding a bit like OpenID, exept more streamlined for a single domain.

That is assuming that other software have the great plugin hooking abilities that WP has :)