[wp-hackers] The term_group column

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Oct 27 00:00:50 GMT 2007

I agree. Writing the documentation for the taxonomy relationship
functions was difficult as I had no idea WTF the code was supposed to be
doing? Going off the names didn't seem to make sense of the matter
either. Without more context, I'm unsure how such relationships were to
be used. I'm sure that at some point I'll have to check through and
track through the code for some of them and see what the other taxonomy
functions use the relationship functions.

It is perhaps in another section altogether. The dependencies in each
function aren't so much that it back tracking manually would be
difficult. It would give context, but that is a huge undertaking.
Without looking at the admin functions, it would be worth the effort if
someone else looked over the documentation to inform me if I'm wrong.

I'm about finished with the taxonomy.php documentation and I suppose
I'll need to look more into this to make sure I get it correct now. Once
I'm done with that file, I'm never going back to it. I'm not going to
lie and say it is baby or something, I'm not mad as to torture myself
more than I need to with writing documentation.

If anyone can explain the matter better, it would be extremely helpful.