[wp-hackers] Proposal for a function commenting convention

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Tue Oct 16 00:51:16 GMT 2007

Agreed. I'll update the patches.

I have some more questions.

I think a compromise between Travis and me would be that we include both
what functions should do along with what it does do. This will give
optimal information on what to expect in both what the function does and
what it actually does. In going over the plugins.php phpdoc, I did just
this. I found that using the @see
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/{Ticket number of bug} in that, in the
likely chance that the bug is fixed, the reader would know by looking at
the trac ticket.

The second is that I haven't reached a conclusion on short description
format.

/**
 * function_name() - short description

or

/**
 * short description

Plugins.php uses the second, while taxonomy.php (the phpdoc that I
wrote) uses the first.

Jacob Santos