[wp-hackers] Proposal for a function commenting convention

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Sun Oct 14 07:42:17 GMT 2007

Question: Should the since be which one?

1. @since 1.5
2. @since WP 1.5
3. @since WordPress 1.5
4. @since Version 1.5

I'm using #1 since it is the easiest. #3 might be useful if WordPress Mu
ever jumps on board and does the same for its functions. However, it
could just use @package or @category to distinguish its version from
WordPress version. Or you could just have @category WordPress. However,
I believe versions of phpDocumentor do not use @category for rendering
the documentation HTML pages.

In shutdown_action_hook(), which a little humorous because that function
is a @since 1.5 function.

{
$arrFunctionList =
<http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.get-defined-functions.php>get_defined_functions();
foreach($arrFunctionList['user'] as $strFunctionName)
{
    echo "$strFunctionName<br />\n";
}
}

Really does wonders, but I'm setting it up for trunk and doing a massive
find to get the declaration in trunk version. Some classes and functions
don't exist in trunk. I'm not doing this for admin files, because I
enjoy little is left of my sanity.

Using this sort of grep method, you should be able to get all of the
functions that are used in the tagged versions in the repository. Grep
might be useful, but since I'm a Windows user, I don't have that easily
functionality. Windows Search just isn't that elegant with these types
of searches.

Jacob Santos