[wp-hackers] iPhone Plugin Competition: Presenting WPhone

Jared Bangs jared at pacific22.com
Wed Oct 10 03:01:33 GMT 2007

On 10/9/07, Daniel Cameron <dan at scatter3d.com> wrote:

> Overall, I like it and Jared and I have some work ahead of us to order
> to gain the upper hand...muahhahah. Good luck.

Dan, you forgot to plug the URL for our entry in the contest... [1] ...
since we're plugging. :-)

For those who may be interested, I just finished writing up the preliminary
documentation for how to create a plugin within our MobileAdmin plugin [2].

Jared: I told you we needed some AJAX goodness, ;)

We can always add more if necessary, but I can't think of any places in the
UI that really need it at the moment. Like I said before, AJAX just for the
sake of AJAX is just silly and often a waste of connections to / from the
server. It's useful for some things (like auto-save), but I think
(especially on mobile devices) there are a lot of places where it just adds
complexity without really adding value.

[1] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mobileadmin/
[2] http://freepressblog.org/extending-the-wp-mobileadmin-plugin/

OK, enough shameless self-promotion here (at least from me).

- Jared