[wp-hackers] PROPOSAL: Use sunmanagers etiquette to help reduce list S/N ratio

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Oct 6 13:23:26 GMT 2007

On Oct 6, 2007, at 7:46 AM, DD32 wrote:

> The only ones i see relevant (And should allready be followed) are
> #1, #2, #6, #10, #13

I agree.  Forbidding discussion on this list (for example) would
defeat the purpose!

> Its unlikely [that off-topic discussions) can be moved elsewhere
> due to the contributers only common subscribed service being wp-
> hackers, Which is a problem they can deal with).

Two suggestions for that last point:

1) Once a few people are emailing each other off-list, "reply all"
works well :)

2) Somebody might set up a sort of "sidebar" forum -- a place for
bikeshed, semi-off-topic, or completely off-topic discussions to
continue, off-list, for those specifically interested in further
discussion.

The beauty of #2 is that anybody can set up that forum and announce
it. ;)