[wp-hackers] iPhone / MobileAdmin plugin - Request for feedback

Jared Bangs jared at pacific22.com
Fri Oct 5 21:29:27 GMT 2007

We just released a version 2 of our admin UI plugin for mobile devices
(specifically the iPhone). [1]

But I'm not (just) promoting my plugin here, I'm just seeing if anyone
here has any ideas / critiques on it, whether the design/architecture
or style.

The basic concept is that it give a really trimmed down version of the
admin UI for all mobile devices (at least all that are covered by Alex
King's mobilewp plugin), and then adds extra stuff (styles and
features) for specific devices using plugins (similar to the Spam
Karma plugin).

It comes with a plugin for the iPhone (or course), as well as Windows
Mobile, with more to come. I still need to get around to writing up a
guide for how the plugins work, but for now you "hackers" can probably
figure it out by looking at the existing ones that are distributed
with the plugin.

In case Matt M. is reading this, I'm also curious about the contest he
mentioned a while ago regarding building an iPhone admin UI. Matt, if
you're reading this, I'm just curious about the status of this. (I
tried e-mailing, but I fear my messages may have been lost in the
shuffle).

[1] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mobileadmin/