[wp-hackers] Incredibly High PHP Creation Times on WP SVN?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Oct 5 08:11:49 GMT 2007

Yeah, I think there's something wrong with my machine... It's barely under any load, but IO times are horrid.
I had taken my XCache-plugin for WordPress down two weeks ago for maintenance and was too lazy to put it back, but now I'm using memory-based object caching and it's a lot faster. 100 times faster. Literally. ;-)

However, even with memory-based caching many things that require accessing the HD are still taking too long. Page loads are at 1second now, which is still too long - relatively speaking. I just don't get why other disk-intensive scripts aren't as affected - especially stuff like Gallery2 which are considered to be both db- and disk-heavy...

Thank god I don't have any MySQL server performance issues to add to the mix!

I'm not sure what's giving me these IO problems (fully defragged, write caching enabled, drivers installed, local drive, etc), but I've already requested a new server from my host (long live Lunarpages :P) so that's that.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/