[wp-hackers] Incredibly High PHP Creation Times on WP SVN?

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at mamchenkov.net
Fri Oct 5 01:48:44 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 10/5/07, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
> Guess I was wrong about wp-cache. Reason I didn't get it - here's my wp-config.php:
>
> define('ENABLE_CACHE', false); //WP in-built object cache
>
> Apparently setting it to false or setting it to true makes no difference. Turns out you have to remove that line altogether!
>
> Looks like we're using is_defined instead of evaluating enable_cache with true/false.

Indeed so.  Here are the _CACHE matches for 2.3, excluding rss.php,
which has its own MAGPIE_CACHE_* :

wp-includes/cache.php:          if (defined('DISABLE_CACHE'))
wp-includes/cache.php:          if ( ! defined('ENABLE_CACHE') )
wp-includes/cache.php:          if ( ini_get('safe_mode') && !
defined('ENABLE_CACHE') )
wp-settings.php:if ( defined('WP_CACHE') )
wp-settings.php:if ( defined('WP_CACHE') &&
function_exists('wp_cache_postload') )

Looks like a bug.  If not a bug, than at least Codex needs an update:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/WP_Cache

--
Leonid Mamchenkov