[wp-hackers] brain confusion

Sudar Muthu sudar at sudarmuthu.com
Tue Nov 27 10:23:19 GMT 2007

Jen,

I faced a similar situation a few days back.

See whether there are any other Plugins which are enabled in your client
server. Also check whether
a) These Plugins change the template output (or)
b) Throw a JavaScript or PHP error which screws up the HTML output.

Just my two cents.

BTW a link or more description of the error will help us to solve the
problem more quickly.

On 11/25/07, Johannes Ruthenberg <johannes at bolarus.de> wrote:

> Hi Jen!
>
> Jen Simmons schrieb am 24.11.2007 22:15:
> > In Safari, the two sites look identical. In FireFox (for Mac), the site
> > on the clients' server is all messed-up. The content div is
> > misbehaving.... as if the CSS is wrong. But it's the _exact_ same CSS
> file.
>
> Ok, for starters validate your HTML and CSS. Just to be sure.
> http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_uri
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
>
> What actually could have happened (happened to me just a few days ago):
> A plugin function which you use somewhere in your theme throws an error
> that it doesn't throw on your test system and which messes up the HTML.
> Check the PHP error log to confirm that.
>
> What could cause that, apart from differences in the PHP installation or
> configuration: I know some plugins, that not only need to be activated,
> but where you actually need to go to the plugin's settings page and save
> the settings to initialize the plugin's custom database tables. Without
> the tables, any calls to the plugin functions could go wrong.
>
> If that's not it, you really need to give more information than
> "misbehaving ... all messed-up ... wrong". Something more specific or a
> link. ;-)
>
> Greetings,
> Johannes

With Regards,