[wp-hackers] brain confusion

Johannes Ruthenberg johannes at bolarus.de
Sun Nov 25 10:08:22 GMT 2007

Hi Jen!

Jen Simmons schrieb am 24.11.2007 22:15:
> In Safari, the two sites look identical. In FireFox (for Mac), the site
> on the clients' server is all messed-up. The content div is
> misbehaving.... as if the CSS is wrong. But it's the _exact_ same CSS file.

Ok, for starters validate your HTML and CSS. Just to be sure.
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_uri
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

What actually could have happened (happened to me just a few days ago):
A plugin function which you use somewhere in your theme throws an error
that it doesn't throw on your test system and which messes up the HTML.
Check the PHP error log to confirm that.

What could cause that, apart from differences in the PHP installation or
configuration: I know some plugins, that not only need to be activated,
but where you actually need to go to the plugin's settings page and save
the settings to initialize the plugin's custom database tables. Without
the tables, any calls to the plugin functions could go wrong.

If that's not it, you really need to give more information than
"misbehaving ... all messed-up ... wrong". Something more specific or a
link. ;-)

Greetings,
Johannes