[wp-hackers] Admin, Plugins and Menu management

andré renaut andre.renaut at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:51:16 GMT 2007

Hi !
MichaelH answered to my previous comment in Wordpress.org.
I am looking for more information about the admin UI revision to be
released.

Thanks.

>>on "Admin and Menu management"
>>Thanks for your recommendations.  Right now the there is an initiative
underway to revise the admin UI.
>>Join the wp-hackers email list as there will likely be some discussion
once that admin UI revision is released (that will be very soon).
>>Resources:
>>http://codex.wordpress.org/Mailing_Lists#Hackers
>>http://trac.wordpress.org

MY PREVIOUS COMMENT

I have been using Wordpress for 3 years now.
I developped my own plugins.
Each time or so, i made an upgrade of Wordpress, i had to review my plugin
code about Admin menues.

The most sofisticated plugin i made is managing events like comments. Under
the Comments menu item i have two new options : Events, Moderate Events. Of
course, on both options, i can edit a particular event.
My plugin was working just fine till 2.2 (with little fixes).
But now i do not find the solution.

I found a bit frustrating that what you see under the admin panels cannot be
'easily' coded for your own needs.
You guys developping the Admin should consider reviewing the different items
of the Admin as if they were ALL add-ons of the Admin. Each major options
(Write, Manage, Comments, ...) would be coded with the same architecture.
This would ease the developpement and maintenance for you and 'sofisticated
plugins' developpers.

Anyway thank you for the great work !