[wp-hackers] Excluding pages/posts from search

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Wed Nov 21 00:03:21 GMT 2007

This is sometimes the case, but there are also situations where you
simply have a page you don't want searchable or to show up in the
navigation list.

Disclaimer: the following is just an example, please try to focus on
the larger concept rather than picking apart the example. :)

If you have a contact form on a page, you might want to redirect the
user to a different "thank you" page after they submit the form. This
"thank you" page only makes sense as a response to the form
submission from the contact page, and you would want to exclude it
from searches, navigation menus, sitemaps, etc.

What I'm proposing is a standard way for all of these features and
functions (and plugins, like the sitemaps plugin) to know to exclude
this page by default.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal   http://alexking.org