[wp-hackers] Re: Moving Shuttle Along

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:39:46 GMT 2007

Bull3t wrote:
> Well, I think that it would be quite simple - if it is just the styling that
> you want, then take a look at WP Tiger Administration
> <http://orderedlist.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-tiger-administration/>... Then
> adapt it? Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of Shuttle, does it add new
> features as well?

 From what I remember though, it's not just one person's doing of these
images and so forth. It was a team effort back then. Some of the team
members wanted things done one way, the other part of the team wanted
things another... Hence for conflicts and bad tastes in mouths, and then
also resulting in some of those team members leaving the WP community to
start on their own Habari project....

I don't think Matt or any other developer can just take what's been done
before (image wise), and run with it. I'm not familiar with Happy Cog,
nor have I heard of it until just recently... But Shuttle wasn't really
anything feature special. It was just merely a redesign of the wp-admin
control panel. A very very sexy redesign that is... oh boy, is it
getting hot in here, or is it just me... hahaha =P Well, the preview
images are here of course: http://www.brokenkode.com/shuttle

I know it sucks, because I was really gun-ho for Shuttle myself. I even
offered to help the best I can with "it". But, like others said on here,
it's best to just let a dead project alone... *Goes back to mourning
again * ...