[wp-hackers] Regarding Status Pending...

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 07:39:37 GMT 2007

Jeremy Visser wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 21:59 -0500, Bob wrote:
>
>> I don't use it, but that's how I thought it already works for people who
>> don't have the capability to publish posts.
>>

> If I remember correctly, all there is is a "Save" button. To submit for
> pending review, you have to find the obscure radio button on the
> sidebar.

Yeah, that's what's there now. The "Save and Continue Editing", "Save",
and "Publish" button(s). The thing is, even if you'd tell your authors
to choose "Pending Review", alot of them would/could forget that, and
just keep posting posts without them being reviewed by the Admin at all.
I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing though. I'm just saying,
for SOME admins they'd like their authors posts to be reviewed BEFORE
submitted/published and made live on the blog.

Especially if they have forgetful authors, or authors that don't give a
rats behind about the admins wishes. It would be nice to have THAT
option controlled by the admin, once an author is made. Perhaps maybe on
the "Edit User" page, or in the general User section of the control
panel. Admins could maybe select the option for all Authors,
Contributors, Editors,  and etc, have their posts automatically set the
"Status Pending".

So for example: If I'd have 4 Authors on my Blog, but rather have ALL
their posts "pending review" by me FIRST. That nothing will show on the
blog at all! Until I'd see them there the next day, review it, then
publish it for them. It kinda makes that status pointless if there's no
control behind it... Cause sure as heck, most authors that want to post
a post, won't give a rats behind about sending their posts to "Pending
Review" first. IMHO, while the status is there, go forth with some
control as well. =P

This not only gives the option for Admin control, but it still allows
the users the chance to choose it (pending review status) if they so
desire too. (That being when or if the admin don't choose their posts
are automatically "pending review" that is.)

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net