[wp-hackers] Ticket 4642 - Blog by Email

Bob wp-hackers at nj-arp.org
Thu Nov 15 03:11:51 GMT 2007

I'm trying to give ticket #4642 a push.  This change is to leverage the
post_status of pending when the Blog By Email feature is used by someone who
isn't allowed to publish posts.  Right now, everything gets published
immediately, even if the user is unknown.

The ticket has a few versions of patches, with different implementations, as
suggested by westi and ryan.  4642.3.diff adds the function
get_userdatabyemail; this is the one I prefer.  4642.5.diff adds the
function get_user_by; this was suggested by ryan.  Both versions were
tested.

I think this change is a good enhancement, and changes the behavior to
something that's intuitive.  Can one of you guys decide what you want to do
with this and commit it?  I don't want to miss the 2.4 boat.

Bob