[wp-hackers] New WP profile page

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:10:36 GMT 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 11:16 AM, Callum Macdonald
<lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com> wrote:
> How do you end up clicking on a user's profile?
>
> I think the most common (if not only) way is through clicking on the
> author in a post. Clicking on a name in a comment takes you to the
> user's url, not their profile page.
>
> So the only profiles that will be seen are the profiles of authors on
> the site. In which case, these users are already familiar with the admin
> interface (to write a post).
>
> So overall, I don't see a reason to implement this feature in core. I
> don't think it would be particularly hard in a plugin though.
>
> This raises an interesting point though, the admin interface is not
> particularly easy to theme. It might be nice to add a few more hooks to
> allow greater customisation of it.

I think we're all waiting for Matt, et al., to commit the Happy Cog
stuff to trunk/ before we even begin thinking about that.  There's
just too much that is 1) unknown and 2) bound to change.

Besides, folks[1] have already done a lot[2] to mod up the admin
interface in the past.

[1] http://orderedlist.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-tiger-administration/
[2]http://www.stuff.yellowswordfish.com/admin-drop-down-menus/
--