[wp-hackers] Looking for plugin development guidance

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:17:02 GMT 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 5:21 AM, Mike Walsh <mike_walsh at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I am looking for suggestions on the best or recommended way to expose new
> functionality to the user facing part of the web site.  My initial thought
> is to automatically generate pages when the plugin is installed for the
> various things I would need (swim meet schedule, results, roster, etc.) to
> expose to the typical user.

I think putting them on pages would be the best thing, since it's simple and
easy to navigate to.

> PS:  Any pros or cons on hosting the plugin at SourceForge vs.
> wp-plugins.org?

With the WordPress Plugin Repository, anybody else that uses it will be told
if there's any updates. Other than that, I'd say it's personal preference.
Regards,
--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/