[wp-hackers] Possible bug with endpoints

Seamus Leahy leahy at au.org
Wed May 23 14:25:02 GMT 2007

I originally designed my plugin in to do as your first suggestion of
directly parsing the URL and after all of this came to the same idea as your
second suggestion. I have been attempting more and more to have my plugins
utilize the WordPress API; but realistically, that will never 100% possible.

Thanks for the help Jennifer.

On 5/22/07 7:26 PM, "Jennifer Hodgdon" <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:

> By the way, another possibility is to do something in the init that
> checks for your "endpoint" by parsing the URL directly, and then set
> some kind of global variable. It may be easier than trying to coerce
> the query vars and rewrite code to do what you want.
>
> Another possibility is to define permalinks directly instead of using
> endpoints, which gives you more flexibility on what is stored in the
> variable array (for instance, you can set a value to 1). You use the
> generate_rewrite_rules action for that.  Of course, you have to add a
> lot of rules to simulate an endpoint.

Seamus.
leahy at au.org | x220